Features & Benefits:
Soma Rockit™ is the perfect standard chair for a variety of technical and anatomical reasons, but you'll love it just for the supportive plush comfort and the smooth relaxing rocking-chair-like feel. And that's just the start. What makes it the perfect standard chair is the combination of the state-of-the-art mechanism and the open-system backrest invented by the designers at Soma. This great combination gives everyone, including the individual user, business owner or facilities manager, what they want. One chair designed so well it fits everyone and is the easiest to buy and manage. You can let it adjust itself or you can fine tune it with individual adjustments. With the Rockit™ you no longer have to choose between an easy to adjust chair that automatically rocks and one with the important adjustments you need to accomodate individual preferences for size and posture. Some people like to sit upright and some people like to recline and rock. The Soma Rockit™ does both. No other chair does. And no one gets left out because it's available in 3 stadnard sizes so everyone can get the size that really fits. You can buy it as is, in any of 4 standard sizes or "customize" it to fit most any special need whenever you need to.
Now let's get technical and anatomical. Like all SomaChairs™, the Rockit™ has an open-system backrest that puts your entire back in the most comfortable and healthful posture. Especially your upper back, neck and shoulders which helps reduce upper back muscle tension and RSI's better than any other chairs in the world. The SomaRockit™ promotes Stress-Relieving Dynamic Natural Posture, helping you to get more done and feel better doing it.
More than a chair, the SomaRockit™ is also part of Soma's modular chair system.
- All versions come with independent seat and back lumbar height adjustment and you can also get independent seat and back angle adjustment.
- Available in 3 perfect fitting sizes Petite, Standard, and Large.
- Available in a tall back executive version.
- Meets/exceeds ANSI-HFS Ergonomic Standards!
- Includes Soma's industry leading RSI-preventive Thorsac™ backrests
- Select from 6 types of armrests
- Environmentally friendly
- Large 5-leg base for stability!
- Recommended by top ergonomists, designers and clinicians
- Easy-to-reach adjustments
- Limited lifetime warranty
SomaRockit™ - Task Chair Features:
- Seat height adjustment: Pneumatic 2.5, 3, 4, 5 or 8” range.
- Seat slider: spring loaded 2.5” depth adjustment.
- Includes synchrotilt for easy automatic reclining. Locks in 5 different positions and is the only sychro-tilt mechanism that includes independent back angle adjustment.
- Easy to use side tension adjustment.
- Seat Cushioning: 3” high resilient multiple density foam, Memory and Air seat options available.
- Backrest: Triple contoured with multiple densities of cushioning for optimal comfort and support.
- Create the look and feel you want with a broad selection of fabrics, vinyl and leather.
- Easy-to-reach adjustment.
- Lifetime Warranty on frame, base, casters and cylinder, 7 years on 24/7 version, 5 years on mechanism, fabric, cushioning and armrests.
SomaRockit™ Chair Specifications:
|sm. 37”-41”; med. 39.3”-43.3”; lrg. 42.3”-47.3”|
|sm. 20”; md. 22”; lrg. 24“ with 3” ht adj.
sm. 15”; md. 16”; lrg. 18.5“
||sm. 18”; md. 19.5“; lrg. 22””|
|Seat height:||sm. 16.3”-19.6”; med. 16.5-19.7”; lrg. 17.3-22”|
|Seat Depth:||sm. 17”; md. 19.5“; lrg. 20.5”; -1“+1.5”|
SomaForm -Chair Eco Impact- PBDE free foam
- Buy back / take back program
- up to 95% recyclable
- Greenguard certified
SomaRockit™ Chair Fabrics
Grade 1 - Elements (Please click on Box Below to view all colors and specifications)
TINY CHECK 2389
Grade 2 - Elements (Please click on Box Below to view all colors and specifications)
Grade 3 - Elements (Please click on Box Below to view all colors and specifications)
SomaRockit™ Chair Options
SomaRockit™ - Seat Size
- Petite - 16" D x 18"W Seat - Best for people 5'ft 5" or less with maximum weight of 115 Lbs
- Standard - 18.5" D x 20"W Seat - Best for people that are 5'ft 11" or less and weight of up to 185 lbs
- Large - 20"D x 22.5"W Seat - best for people who are 6 ft 3" or less and weight of up to 250 lbs + $40.00
SomaRockit™ - Casters
- Hard Wheel [CH] - 2.5" / 60mm - Good for use on carpet - Included
- Soft Wheel [CS] - 2.5" / 60mm - Good for use on hard floor + $12.00
- Soft Braking Wheel [CSB] - 2.5" / 55mm- Rolls when seated + $17.00
- Soft Reverse Braking Wheel [CSRB] - 2.5" / 50mm - Fixed when seated + $50.00
- Hard Wheel [CH3] - 2.5" / 75mm - Easier to roll on carpet + $20.00
- Hard Wheel [CH4] - 2.5" / 100mm - Easier to roll on carpet + $30.00
SomaRockit™ - Seat Cushioning
- Memory Foam Seat [M] - $55.00
- Air Seat [AR] - Best option for long term sitting - $90.00
- Contoured Seat [CT] - Best option for larger users - $10.00
SomaRockit™ - Lumbar Support
- Adjustable Lumbar [BrAL] - Best for multiple users - $45.00
SomaRockit™ - Base
- 26” diameter fiberglass reinforced nylon - Included
- Heavy Duty 28" Aluminum Base - $70.00
SomaRockit™ - Pads
- Upholstered Soft Pads [AF] + $30.00
- Width/Depth Adjustable Sliding Urethane Pads [US] + $20.00
SomaRockit™ - Arms Options
Fixed [AF] + $45.00
Adjustable height 4" [AH] + $50.00
Adjustable height 3"
[AA] + $65.00
[AR] + $70.00
[AS] + $100.00
Adjustable height 4"
[AL] + $65.00
to the original purchaser that products manufactured by Soma Ergonomics will be free from defects in
materials and workmanship and carry the following Warranties when used within a 40 hour work week by
a person weighing 250 pounds or less for standard chairs sizes 1-4; 300 pounds or less for chair sizes 5-7; and
up to 500 pounds for Xtra Sturdy chairs. Warranties are calculated from the date of shipment:
Premium Chair line warranty
Limited lifetime warranty on SomaComfort/SomaForm & Rockit fabricated chair frames
against structural failure, and on bases, lifts, casters, and glides under normal use.
Standard and Budget Chair line warranty
Twelve (12) years on SomaBerkeley, Support, Contour, Venture, Infinity, Hybrid,
ErgoKinetic, Fit, PerfectFit, Mesh, More, Entré, ConChairto and all other SomaChairs not
Bariatric/ Xtra Sturdy Chair line warranty
Four (4) year warranty on frame, base and casters for users up to 500#.
On all chair lines except those use in 24/7 environments.
Five (5) years on chair mechanisms, and adjustable arm supports under normal use.
Three (3) years on fabric, seams, cushioning and arm pads under normal use.
24/7Chairs When any SomaChair is used in an over 40 hour per week setting,
a simple two (2) year warranty on all parts will apply.
Replacement parts for parts needing replacement and that can be installed in the field will be shipped
to the customer at no charge. Defective part must be returned to Soma otherwise customer will be charged.
Installation of field replaceable parts (Backrests, casters, bases, lifts, arm supports and pads ) is the responsibility of the customer or the Soma certified dealer through which product was sold. For chairs that
need to be returned to the factory for repair the customer is responsible for any return packing and shipping costs.
No implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose
extend beyond the terms of these express warranties. These warranties do not apply to any products
which have been repaired or altered in any way so as to impair performance or reliability, nor to products
which have been misused, abused, neglected or accidentally damaged in transit. Soma Ergonomics, Inc.
liability for its products shall be limited to repairing or replacing parts determined by Soma Ergonomics, Inc.
to be defective or, at Soma Ergonomics’ option, to refunding the purchase price of such parts.
Soma Ergonomics, Inc. will not be liable, under any circumstance, for incidental or consequential damages
(including, without limitation, lost revenues) arising in connection with the sale, use, inability to use,
repair or replacement of Soma Ergonomics, Inc. products. The remedies of the purchaser set forth in this warranty are exclusive and the liability of Soma Ergonomics, Inc. arising from any cause whatsoever shall not
exceed the price paid for the products. Some states do not allow limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. Enjoy the world class real
ergonomic support your SomaChair give you and thanks for buying SomaChairs.