show / hide sidebar
Current Top Sellers
Features & Benefits:
SomaForm™ has been discovered by clinicians, ergonomists and Fortune 500 companies as the chair providing the most effective RSI prevention available. It is the result of over 17 years of clinical research and, though it may look simple, it has exclusive features that support your lower back and reduce muscle tension in the upper back and neck when sitting upright better than any other chair!
SomaForm has a firmer, slightly mushroom-shaped seat and flat back that minimize pressure points but provide maximum support without getting in your way making it easy to move around. It's great for "V" sitters who like to sit with their legs spread apart in an open angle and best for helping reduce sciatica.
Build your own chair, Prices starting at $385.00
SomaForm High Back by SOMA Ergo is recommended for people who:
- Ideal for people who like to recline and people with neck problems.
- Designed to keep shoulder blades free to form a naturally supported open posture.
- Supports the low back and lumbar region, the spine, and the neck.
- Relaxation achieved by slightly reclining and resting the entire upper body against the backrest
More than a chair, it's a modular chair system:
- Available in 7 sizes with any of 28 different backrests: low, midheight or tall in narrow, wide or extra wide sizes with or wothout adjustable lumbar.
- Meets/exceeds ANSI-HFS Ergonomic Standards.
- RSI-preventive Thorsac™ backrest.
- Highest Quality Two-Part Seat™ Promotes natural posture and eliminates that sliding-out-of-your-seat feeling.
- Exclusive quick-lock back height adjustment to avoid painful wrist rotations.
- Available with recycled/recyclable or organic fabrics.
- Large 5-leg base for stability.
- Recommended by top ergonomists, designers and clinician.
- Easy-to-reach adjustment.
- Limited lifetime warranty. Environmental Friendly
Soma High Back Chair Features:
- Seats: SomaForm™ has a firmer, slightly mushroom-shaped seat and flat back that minimize pressure points but provide maximum support without getting in your way making it easy to move around. Wider. Best for pear-shaped body type, V-sitters and sciatica issues. If you are looking for a softer seat please refer to our SomaComfort Series.
- Backrests: High backrests are contoured with seams allowing the foam to keep subtle contours, a deeper lumbar curve & a more wrap-around shape so you feel held by the chair.
- Backrest height adjustment: Hand-saving, Quick-Lock lever or ratchet adjust.
- Base Sleek modern-style, scuff-resistant Nylon with flat top legs upon which you can place your feet.
- Lifetime Warranty on frame, base, casters and cylinder, 7 years on 24/7 version, 5 years on mechanism, fabric, cushioning and armrests. Soma Warranty Information.
SomaForm Chair Specifications:
|sm. 37”-41”; med. 39.3”-43.3”; lrg. 42.3”-47.3”|
|lrg. 24“ with 3” ht adj. |
sm. 15”; md. 16”; lrg. 18.5“
|Seat Width ||sm. 18”; md. 19.5“; lrg. 22”|
|Seat height:||sm. 16.3”-19.6”; med. 16.5-19.7”; lrg. 17.3-22”|
|Seat Depth:||sm. 17”; md. 19.5“; lrg. 20.5”; -1“+1.5”|
Why We Like It -
This is Good For -
SomaForm™ Chair Fabrics
Grade 1 - Elements (Please click on Box Below to view all colors and specifications)
TINY CHECK 2389
Grade 2 - Elements (Please click on Box Below to view all colors and specifications)
Grade 3 - Elements (Please click on Box Below to view all colors and specifications)
SomaForm Chair Options
SomaForm - Mechanism
Recommended mechanism for the SomaComfort High Back is : R, E, V & K for maximum complete back support.
SomaForm - Casters:
- Hard Wheel [CH] - 2.5" / 60mm - Good for use on carpet - Included
- Soft Wheel [CS] - 2.5" / 60mm - Good for use on hard floor + $12.00
- Soft Braking Wheel [CSB] - 2.5" / 55mm- Rolls when seated + $17.00
- Soft Reverse Braking Wheel [CSRB] - 2.5" / 50mm - Fixed when seated + $50.00
- Hard Wheel [CH3] - 2.5" / 75mm - Easier to roll on carpet + $20.00
- Hard Wheel [CH4] - 2.5" / 100mm - Easier to roll on carpet + $30.00
- Glides [CG] - Available in Black
SomaForm - Base:
- Nylon Base [N] - Nylon Black Base - 5 Leg 25" Diameter - Included
- Nylon Base Black [NH] - 5 Leg 26" Diameter + $20.00
- Heavy Duty Black [A28] - 5 Leg 28" Diameter + $60.00
- Polished Aluminum [P] - 5 Leg 25" Diameter + $60.00
- Wood on Aluminum [W] - Choose between Natural or Mahogany stain - 5 Leg 25" Diameter + $60.00
- Steel Spider [S] - 5 Leg 25" Diameter + $20.00
SomaForm - Lift:
- Xtra Short [XLS] - 3" Cyclinder
- Knee Tilt [LKT] - 3.5" Cyclinder
- LS [LS] - 4" Cyclinder
- LST [LST] - 5.5" Cyclinder
- Mid-Height [LM] - 8" Cyclinder + $12.00
- Drafting Height [LD] - 10" Cyclinder + $15.00
- Non-Swivel [LF] - 5" Cyclinder + $75.00
SomaForm - Seat Size:
- Small  - 16" D X 18" W
- Standard  - 17" D X 19"W
- Deep  - 18.5" D X 20" W
- Xtra Deep  - 20" D X 20.5" W
- Xtra Large  - 20" D X 22.5" W
SomaForm - Backrest Options:
SomaComfort - Arms Options:
Fixed [AF] + $45.00
Adjustable height 4" [AH] + $50.00
Adjustable height 3"
[AA] + $65.00
[AR] + $70.00
[AS] + $100.00
Adjustable height 4"
[AL] + $65.00
Quick Links to Answers:
Most orders over $85 ship FREE within the continental United States. Shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, U.S. territories, APO, and FPO addresses do not qualify for the free shipping program.
Exceptions for Canada - Some products do qualify for free Canadian shipping. Please see our International Shipping page for full information.
- Most items ship via UPS Ground service. Some smaller items may be shipped via USPS instead. Desks and larger shipments may ship via a freight carrier.
- If your items ships via common carrier (freight), the freight carrier will call to schedule an appointment for delivery. Our standard/free shipping includes curbside delivery. There may be extra fees for liftgate (lowers the product to the ground), residential, or inside delivery. Call us for more information. Note: It is important for you to immediately inspect freight shipments for damage and to note this on receiving paperwork. Call us immediately if your product arrives with shipping damage.
- UPS and freight are not available to APO and FPO addresses. Call us if you have questions on shipping options to your location.
- UPS items do not usually require a signature for delivery but this is at the discretion of the driver. Signature may be required in high risk areas.
- We will email you an estimated ship date, and tracking information as soon as this is available.
This will vary by item. Most furniture items require assembly. This is usually easy to do. Contact us if you need support. Assembly and white glove delivery is available for furniture items. Please contact us for a quote.
Every product lists an expected time before shipment. Most small items ship the same or next day. Keyboard trays, monitor arms, chairs, and desks are usually custom configured items that are built to order. Lead times vary by product and manufacturer. Travel time varies depending on shipping method chosen, warehouse location, and your location. If timing is critical, please call us and we'll recommend the method most likely to arrive on time. International orders may encounter delays due to incoming customs.
We do ship most items worldwide. Please see our International Shipping page for full information
- Call or email us immediately. Under most circumstances, we will replace the damaged item at no cost to you. Please see our returns page for full information before returning product.
- If your item was delivered via a freight carrier, it is important that you inspect it immediately and note any visible damage on the receiving paperwork the freight carrier will ask you to sign. Please sign after inspection.
Handling Charges: In order to deliver your products timely, a flat handling charge of $12.95 is applied to all orders shipping to Canada and APO addresses.. Special handling charges are in addition to applicable shipping rates. Surcharges always apply regardless of free shipping offers.
The shipping and handling charge is intended to compensate Ergoprise for the cost of handling your order, packaging the product(s) you have purchased, and delivering it/them to you or to the recipient you designate. Prior to submitting your payment information, you will have the opportunity to review the applicable shipping and handling charges. We do not ship orders to FPO or P.O. Boxes. Please avoid using "vanity addresses," as this could result in a delay in delivery.