Attention: This only works with the Mac Retina Monitor. The Thunderbolt monitor is too HEAVY.
The perfect design to convert your existing desk (albeit cubicle or freestanding) to a Sit to Stand Workstation for all Apple iMac Retina owners without sacrificing the valuable surface space on the desk nor will you forfeit the functionality of your monitor, keyboard & mouse.
Effortlessly shift from your seated to a standing position within seconds while maintaining optimal positioning of your iMac Retina monitor and Apple keyboard & mouse
We realize there are many products that are advertised as “ergonomic” but while you are reviewing other popular desk risers, consider these very important aspects that are included within the S2S Workstation. Ask the other providers will their solution have an iMac Retina mount that independently pans and swivels from the keyboard tray allowing you to collaborate with others? Will there be access to desk surface? Will the unit adjust high enough for standing positions? Will it offer a keyboard tray be placed below the desk surface and allow the user to type in the most relaxed and correct typing position? (This enclosed link is a study that takes the ideal typing posture which offers the least amount of stress on your body and calculated it into ideal standing and seated positions for everyone's height range from 5' to 6'5" tall. Then we reviewed some of the most popular sit stand workstations against your seated and standing positions: Sit Stand Desk Review by Height of User). Feature by Feature Sit Stand Desk Comparison (Green Highlights Top Feature)
The S2S iMac Retina Sit-Stand Workstation is the only ergonomic rear-mounted sit-stand height adjustable workstation that meets the ANSI/BIFMA and HFES 100-2007 requirements that meet the 22" height adjustment.
As the only Human Factors and Ergonomics Society (HFES) compliant, rear-mounted, sit-stand workstation on the market, the S2S iMac Retina Desktop Sit Stand Workstation provides the ultimate comfort and flexibility with industry leading stability and ergonomic support.
With its small footprint, the S2S iMac Retina Sit Stand Workstation can easily be moved out of the way when not in use to free up valuable desk space.
- With over 22” of gas assisted positioning, the S2S moves easily and effortlessly as users transition from seated to standing positions. Accommodates users ranging from the 5th percentile seated female to the 95th percentile standing male.
- The S2S cleverly mounts at the rear of the work surface and extends forward so the keyboard tray may rest below the desk surface supporting proper ergonomic positioning. Using this location for mounting allows the user to swing the unit out of the way leaving the desk surface fully accessible.
- Comes with 9.5” of counter balanced height adjustment, 45° of tilt, and 90° of portrait to landscape rotation, monitors may be ergonomically positioned for optimal viewing.
- The S2S accommodates installed technology ranging from 5 to 25 lbs, specifically supporting the 21" & 27" iMac Retina screens (You will need to replace iMac Stand with a VESA mount Conversion Unit. 21" iMac Retina offers the VESA mount attached, while the 27" iMac Retina will need an upgraded VESA Mount which is offered as an accessory on this page.
- The grommet mount included with the S2S Workstation promotes endless possibilities for mounting locations, through the installation of a 5/8” mounting hole. The c-clamp mount that is also included allows the dual directional base to be installed on either 24” or 30” deep work surfaces.
- The integral dual tray system offers a spacious keyboard and mouse platform with an adjustable tilt mechanism for comfort settings, as well as a secondary surface for placing items which need to remain close at hand while working in either a seated or standing position.
- Information sharing is seamless as the monitor tower rotates independently from the work surface through 180° left and right range.
- Tested to 20,000 cycles (with the exception of the monitor tower which is supported up to 10,000 cycles) and comes with a 5 year warranty.
- Available in Black, Silver or White.
- LEED Credit Ratings - MR Credit 4.1 (Required Recycled Content, 10%) MR Credit 4.2 (Required Recycled Content, 20%)
- LEED Recyclability Calculations - Total Weight 36.04 lbs (Recycled Content Total 19.6 lbs, Post Industrial Total 11.6 lbs, Post Consumer 7.97 lbs).
Meets HFES 100-2007. This keyboard tray travels 7.31" below the work-surface.