Research Reports on Ergonomic Topics
We've culled useful information from a variety of sources. Contact us if you have something to add to this page.
1. Northwest Missouri University published this informative article on laptop ergonomics and how unhealthy they are to work on - Oh My Aching Laptop!
2. Purdue University report evaluates the effectiveness of University-wide ergonomics program.
3. UPS Conducted a study which used a low tech, low cost approach to improving office ergonomics and experienced a significant reduction in lost work days and workers compensation costs. Customer complaints against their customer service reps also dropped suggesting comfortable workers are less moody.
4. Atlas Ergonomics White Paper discussing an evaluation of a totally split, compact keyboard and its impact on posture, discomfort, and performance.
5. ChevronTexaco discusses Metrics for Profitability & Productivity: Mitigating Workplace Injuries and Ergonomic Risks at ChevronTexaco.
6. National Institute for Occupational Health and Safety (NIOSH) is part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. They have authoritative information on a wide variety of safety and health topics. A wide range of articles and links.
7. Computer/Electronics Accomodations Program (CAP) On July 26, 2010, President Obama issued Executive Order 13548 Increasing Federal Employment of Individuals with Disabilities. Click on the link to find more information on this Executive Order Guidance.
8. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18986032 Call Center Ergonomics
Ergoprise Blog Archive:
- Stand Up For Your Health & Burn Calories At The Same Time
- Experiencing Pain in the Neck…Try Using a Document Holder
- If You Work from Home, Make Sure You Have the Proper Setup
- The New Humanscale Float Sit to Stand Table: Height Adjustable without Electricity
- Keep Your Head Down During Your Golf Swing, But Not When Using our Tablet
- Ergo Goes Prime Time: Oh My Aching Feet
- Relieving Shoulder, Neck and Upper Back Pain
- The Ergohuman Chair -vs- Ergohuman V2 Chair
- A Review & Comparison of Three Great Monitor Arms
- Is Your Laptop Computer Harming Your Body?
- Sweet! The New Goldtouch V2 Keyboard – A Review
- Getting into the Groove with Non-Traditional Office Chairs
- A Good Chair Costs How Much?
- Getting to the Seat of the Problem
- Cool Chairs: Will a Mesh Office Chair Mesh With You?
- An Easy Way to Fight Obesity & Back Pain at Work