show / hide sidebar
Current Top Sellers
When it comes to mesh chairs, the same basic requirements apply that apply to choosing any good ergonomic chair. A good chair must:
- be sized to fit your body.
- be adjustable enough to fit you and your working style.
- be comfortable for as many hours as you need it to be.
For a full description on chair fit and how to evaluate a chair for yourself, please read this great article – One Size Does Not Fit All. While mesh office chairs are available in all price ranges including very low-budget, they don’t all meet the above three requirements. However, price doesn’t always guarantee more comfort so be sure the chairs you consider meet your needs.
- Things to consider about a mesh seat include: will your body fit well into the mesh and not have to rest on the hard frame that supports it? (This can be a real concern for larger bottoms and there are currently no mesh seat chairs for users over 250 lbs.)
- Is the front of the seat edge soft and flexible or does it have a hard edge that will dig into my thighs when I recline?
- many meshes and pellicles (another type of mesh) are abrasive to your clothing so if you’re wearing expensive clothes, this may be another reason to disqualify a mesh seat.
Would you like assistance choosing the right chair? Complete our Chair Selector Questionnaire and we'll email you several great choices.Selecting the Best Ergonomic Office Chair Fabric for You including Humanscale Freedom Chair, Ergohuman Chair, Humanscale Liberty Chair, Eurotech Apollo Chair, Neutral Posture, AllSeating, Ergocentric, BodyBilt by ErgoGenisis, SOMA Ergo, Chromcraft, HON, Global, RFM, Office Master, Nightingale, Via Seating including the Swopper, Varier, SwingChair