The perfect balance between sitting and standing
You don’t sit on a Locus Seat. You lean into it. When you do, your body is supported in a relaxed upright position. This award-winning ergonomic seat is designed to adjust to every move you make, while maintaining equilibrium between your back and abdominal muscles.
The result? As you work your body is effortlessly active. Your circulation increases. Your major muscles are relaxed yet engaged, significantly reducing the risk of “sitting disease” or the fatigue brought on by standing. It’s the perfect balance between sitting and standing.
Locus Seat Specifications and Features:
- Constructed of aluminum, steel, and molded furniture-grade plywood and polymers
- Lateral range of motion: 15º
- Range of motion: from 5º to 20º forward
- Available in four upholstery options
- Available in two frame color options
- 300 lbs. weight limit
- Easily folds for storage (please see dimensions tab for full product dimensions)
- Seat base has integrated wheels for easy movement and adjustment
The Locus Seat supports your spine’s natural alignment
Locus’ upright position takes stress off the lungs and other internal organs, allowing for deeper breathing and healthier functioning. Your head balances in a neutral position, reducing tension in your neck and shoulders. Because you are relaxed in a supported leaning posture, the open hip angle keeps major leg muscles lengthened, reducing pull and strain on the lower back. Your legs work with the seat to form a stable yet active pyramid of support. This reduces leg discomfort and swelling that occurs when sitting in a traditional office chair or standing all day.
One size supports all
The seat accommodates heights from 4’8″ to 6’8″.
Choose a color to reflect your style
Seats are available in Citrus, Chili Pepper, Black and Black Nubuck.