The Leather Humanscale Freedom Chair with Headrest has earned the loyalty of its fans. No thought or effort is needed to recline or change positions and movement is a key goal when seeking a healthier work environment. Highly contoured cushions provide excellent back, lumbar and lateral support with a feel reminiscent of the car seats in a luxury sports car. Choose from either high quality, breathable and long lasting synthetic leathers or from three grades of genuine, aniline-dyed high grade leathers.
Humanscale Freedom Chair in Leather Features:
- Dynamic mechanism opens body angle for improved blood flow and requires no knobs, levers, or tension adjustments.
- Promotes active sitting - the dynamic mechanism automatically moves when you move, encouraging blood flow and strengthening core muscles.
- Height adjustable back features contoured lateral support and a prominent lumbar support that maintains a healthy lorthotic curve. Backrest features a pivot that moves as you move, responding to the changing needs of your spine.
- The headrest is height adjustable and cradles your neck and head for support when reclining - maintaining line of site with your monitors.
- Seat is height and depth adjustable for proper leg support
- Height adjustable arms move in tandem and can be placed very low for times when you want your arms out of the way. Advanced arms also pivot.
- 15-year, 24/7 warranty. See full warranty information.
Humanscale Freedom Chair w/ Headrest Specifications:
|Overall dimensions:||27.25" W x 27.5" D x 43" - 53" H|
|Chair back:||21" W x 26.75" - 34.75"H
backrest has 3" adj. range, headrest has 5" adj. range
|Seat:||21" W x 16.25" - 18.5" D|
|Seat height:||16-21" H standard
15.25" - 19" low
17" - 22.25" tall
|Weight limit:||300 lbs|
|Chair weight:||39 lbs|
|Box size:||35" H x 27" W x 27" D shipping weight is 58 lbs|
Why We Like It -
- What can we say? It's gorgeous!
- Easily adjusts to fit most bodies
- Lumbar support is excellent
This is Good For -
- Anyone 5' - 6'2"
- Under 240lbs
- Demanding people who want style & comfort
Freedom Chair Eco Impact
- Made from 62% recycled content
- 90% recyclable
- Modular design allows for easy parts replacement, prolonging product life
- Greenguard certified
- LEED credits available
Design your Leather Freedom Chair
Standard frame finishes for your Humanscale Freedom Chair are either Graphite, which is a dark charcoal gray, or Titanium which is more of a silver. Both have a matte finish. Polished aluminum frame or base only are available on our upgraded model.
Premium Leathers & Synthetic Suede for your Humanscale Freedom Chair
Sumptious and rich are two words that immediately come to mind when describing this vegan suede fabric. Sensuede is naturally resistant to spills and stains and can usually be cleaned with a damp cloth soaked in warm sudsy water. Sensuede is crafted of 88% polyester and 12% polyurethane and offers an abrasion rating of 200,000 double rubs.
Leather 1 - Bizon
The special tanning process and a technically-advanced finishing process make Bizon an extraordinary leather for office use. Bizon is water-resistant and durable for years of use.
Leather 3 - Cervo
Cervo is rich and luxurious, designed for those who want the very best! This leather is very soft and supple with a gorgeous hand. Aniline dyes provide a clarity and color depth that enhances the natural characteristics of fine leather. Cervo features a soft, pebble grain. You'll love this leather.
Optional Box Stitching
Add contrast stitching to your chair. Not available on Sensuede.
Humanscale Freedom Chair Arms
Choose from no arms, height adjustable arms, or height adjustable arms with a pivoting armpad, and from two different types of armpads, as well as whether or not you want the armpads upholstered to match your chair.
- No arms - (we recommend getting this chair with arms as the arms adjust low enough to be out of the way when not needed)
- Standard arms - height adjustable with a 6" adjustment range
- Advanced arms - height adjustable and have 1.25" longer armpads; armpads pivot inward
Buy Smart: The advanced arms pivot inward which allows the arms to better support the forearms and elbows, and to bring the armpads closer for thinner bodies. Those who type all day and/or have thin upper bodies will prefer the advanced arms.
- Duron armpads - are crafted of soft polyurethane for durability, and are black
- Gel armpads - are softer and reduce pressure on the forearms and elbows, and are covered in Xanium synthetic leather so they wipe clean
- Upholstered armpads are available for either armpad.
Buy Smart: Fabric arms get dirty and wear out before the seat cushions. We recommend skipping the upholstered armpads except on leather chairs or where the chair will see light use.
Freedom Chair Height / Cylinder Options
Choose one of three cylinders to tailor the seated height range to the user.
- Standard - 16" - 21" - fits most people from 5'2" to 6'3"
- Low - 15.25" - 19" - works well for 5' to 5'6
- Tall - 17" - 22.25" - extends the height range for taller users or for use at with a higher desktop
Buy Smart: Seated height is only part of the solution for users who are shorter or taller than average. Make sure the seat depth will fit the user as well, otherwise choose a chair that is better sized for that person.
- Standard casters - work well for carpet and plastic carpet protectors
- Soft casters - are slower and quieter on hard floors such as linoleum, tile, and concrete
- Glides - do not roll at all and work on any floor