The Humanscale Freedom Drafting Chair brings executive level comfort and designer styling to a taller chair. No thought or effort is needed to recline or change positions and movement is a key goal when seeking a healthier work environment. Highly contoured cushions provide excellent back, lumbar and lateral support with a feel reminiscent of the car seats in a luxury sports car. Choose from a wide selection of fabrics; high quality, breathable and long lasting synthetic leathers; or from two grades of genuine, aniline-dyed high grade leathers.
Humanscale Freedom Drafting Chair Features:
- Dynamic mechanism opens body angle for improved blood flow and requires no knobs, levers, or tension adjustments.
- Promotes active sitting - the dynamic mechanism automatically moves when you move, encouraging blood flow and strengthening core muscles.
- Height adjustable back features contoured lateral support and a prominent lumbar support that maintains a healthy lorthotic curve. Backrest features a pivot that moves as you move, responding to the changing needs of your spine.
- Seat is height and depth adjustable for proper leg support
- Height adjustable arms move in tandem and can be placed very low for times when you want your arms out of the way. Advanced arms also pivot.
- 15-year, 24/7 warranty. See full warranty information.
|Overall dimensions:||27.25" W x 27.5" D x 43" - 53" H|
|Chair back:||21" W x 26.75" - 34.75"H
backrest has 3" adj. range
|Seat:||21" W x 16.25" - 18.5" D|
|Seat height:||17" - 22.25" tall
20.25" - 28.5" ex-tall
|Weight limit:||300 lbs|
|Chair weight:||39 lbs|
|Box size:||35" H x 27" W x 27" D shipping weight is 58 lbs|
Why We Like It -
- What can we say? It's gorgeous!
- Easily adjusts to fit most bodies
- Lumbar support is excellent
This is Good For -
- Anyone 5' - 6'2"
- Under 300 lbs
- Demanding people who want style & comfort
Freedom Chair Eco Impact
- Made from 62% recycled content
- 90% recyclable
- Modular design allows for easy parts replacement, prolonging product life
- Greenguard certified
- LEED credits available
Design your Freedom Chair
Standard frame finishes for your Humanscale Freedom Chair are either Graphite, which is a dark charcoal gray, or Titanium which is more of a silver. Both have a matte finish. Polished aluminum frame or base only are available on our upgraded model.
Fabrics and leathers for your Humanscale Freedom Chair
Lotus is the creation of award-winning designer Elizabeth Whelan and is water repellent and super easy to clean making it an excellent choice for more demanding environments including healthcare and the hospitality industry. Lotus offers four-way stretch for comfort and has a soft texture that is pleasing to the touch. Vibrant colors make it a welcome addition in any office. Lotus has a 100% polyurethane face and a nylon backing and has an abrasion rating of 350K double rubs.
Corde 4, is a woven four-way stretch fabric that promises to outlast the mesh seats offered by competitors. A small modular weave placed in a half drop repeat creates a rib-like dimensional surface, giving the fabric a unique design that is both visually appealing and engaging to touch. Corde 4 will endure the test of time as it is constructed from high-performance nylon and polyurethane, a combination that’s well above industry textile standards in abrasion, colorfastness to light and solvents, pilling and cracking.
Grade 2 - Ginkgo
Created by Elizabeth Whelan Design, Gingkgo is comprised of 90% wool to and Greenguard-certified to be environmentally friendly, durable and flexible for the ultimate in comfort at a reasonable price.
Grade 3 - Sensuede
Sumptious and rich are two words that immediately come to mind when describing this vegan suede fabric. Sensuede is naturally resistant to spills and stains and can usually be cleaned with a damp cloth soaked in warm sudsy water. Sensuede is crafted of 88% polyester and 12% polyurethane and offers an abrasion rating of 200,000 double rubs.
Leather 1 - Bizon
The special tanning process and a technically-advanced finishing process make Bizon an extraordinary leather for office use. Bizon is water-resistant and durable for years of use.
Leather 3 - Cervo
Cervo is rich and luxurious, designed for those who want the very best! This leather is very soft and supple with a gorgeous hand. Aniline dyes provide a clarity and color depth that enhances the natural characteristics of fine leather. Cervo features a soft, pebble grain. You'll love this leather.
Optional Box Stitching
Add contrast stitching to your chair. Not available on Sensuede.
Humanscale Freedom Chair Arms
Choose from no arms, height adjustable arms, or height adjustable arms with a pivoting armpad, and from two different types of armpads, as well as whether or not you want the armpads upholstered to match your chair.
- No arms - (we recommend getting this chair with arms as the arms adjust low enough to be out of the way when not needed)
- Standard arms - height adjustable with a 6" adjustment range
- Advanced arms - height adjustable and have 1.25" longer armpads; armpads pivot inward
Buy Smart: The advanced arms pivot inward which allows the arms to better support the forearms and elbows, and to bring the armpads closer for thinner bodies. Those who type all day and/or have thin upper bodies will prefer the advanced arms.
- Duron armpads - are crafted of soft polyurethane for durability, and are black
- Gel armpads - are softer and reduce pressure on the forearms and elbows, and are covered in Xanium synthetic leather so they wipe clean
- Upholstered armpads are available for either armpad.
Buy Smart: Fabric arms get dirty and wear out before the seat cushions. We recommend skipping the upholstered armpads except on leather chairs or where the chair will see light use.
Choose the cylinder that meets your adjustment needs. Taller cylinders turn your Liberty Chair into a stool or drafting chair.
- Tall [T] - 17" to 22.25" from the floor
- High w/18" foot ring [F] - 20.5" to 28.5" from the floor
Choose from either an 18" or 21" diameter foot ring.
Choose from standard carpet casters, soft casters for hard floors, stationary glides, or locking casters
Free Shipping Program:
Most orders over $85 ship FREE within the continental United States. Shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, U.S. territories, APO, and FPO addresses do not qualify for the free shipping program.
General Shipping Information:
- Most items ship via UPS Ground service. Some smaller items may be shipped via USPS instead. Desks and larger shipments may ship via a freight carrier.
- If your items ships via common carrier (freight), the freight carrier will call to schedule an appointment for delivery. Our standard/free shipping includes curbside delivery. There may be extra fees for liftgate (lowers the product to the ground), residential, or inside delivery. Call us for more information. Note: It is important for you to immediately inspect freight shipments for damage and to note this on receiving paperwork. Call us immediately if your product arrives with shipping damage.
- UPS and freight are not available to APO and FPO addresses. Call us if you have questions on shipping options to your location.
- UPS items do not usually require a signature for delivery but this is at the discretion of the driver. Signature may be required in high risk areas.
- We will email you an estimated ship date, and tracking information as soon as this is available.