Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11 Home
Be more creative and productive by speaking, not typing. Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11 Home speech recognition software is a fast, fun, and convenient way to interact with your PC — just by talking. Used by students, grandparents and busy families, to name a few, Dragon makes interacting with your PC easier and faster.
With Dragon Home, you’ll be surprised at how much productivity and creativity is inside you. Dragon understands what you say and how you say it. Simply speak words and they appear on the screen — three times faster than typing — with no typos. Tell your PC what to do and it does it. Use Dragon Home with your favorite applications to dictate reports, send email, surf the Web, update Facebook, and more. Once you start using Dragon you’ll wonder how you managed without it.
Stop Typing, Start Talking
Say words and watch them appear on your screen in Word, WordPerfect, Outlook, and more — three times faster than typing — with up to 99% recognition accuracy right out of the box.
Transform ideas into text at the speed of thought; don’t let typing or spelling slow you down. Convert your thoughts into words just by talking, it’s that simple!
Say It, Do It
Tell your PC what to do, such as “Search maps for financial advisors in Boston, Massachusetts” and it does it. Dragon understands and obeys your voice commands. It even gets to know you better over time so recognition accuracy keeps increasing.
Sit Back, Relax, and Get More Done
Control your PC in a comfortable, hands-free mode without being frustrated by your keyboard and mouse.
Use Your Favorite Applications
Dictate documents, send email and instant messages, search and surf the Web, and more -- using just your voice.
Dragon adapts to your voice and the words you use. You can even personalize Dragon with your own word lists of acronyms, proper names and other unique phrases.
Multi-task Like Never Before
Dragon Voice Shortcuts make it faster and easier than ever to create email, schedule appointments, and search the Web or your desktop for specific information or resources at anytime.
Have Fun at Your PC
Dragon is easy to install and fun to use. It changes the way you interact with your computer for the better so you can get more done faster and get on with your life.
What's New ! :
New features and enhanced capabilities introduced with Dragon 11 Home include:
Improved Speed and Accuracy
- 15% greater accuracy out of the box compared to Dragon 10.
- Improved ability to learn from corrections of misrecognitions — whether the revisions are dictated or typed — to deliver continuous accuracy improvements over time.
Time-Saving Voice Commands
- Enhanced editing and formatting capabilities enable you to make multiple selections, edits or formatting changes at one time for improved productivity and time savings.
- Improves recognition response time; faster than previous editions when selecting application menu items by voice; faster when executing voice commands that perform actions within applications.
More Intuitive User Interface
- New Dragon Sidebar of commands makes it easier to discover and access important but often overlooked features, commands, and options.
- Recognition Analytics alerts you when there is an audio issue so you can achieve the best accuracy.
- Elimination of on-screen distractions enables you to focus more on your thoughts and ideas for better communication.
- New Facebook and Twitter commands make it faster and easier to update your status by voice.
- More Dragon Voice Shortcuts are included to consolidate multiple mouse clicks and keystrokes into a single voice command.
- New desktop and document navigation commands let users switch effortlessly between open windows by just saying the number of the selected window. Other commands make it simpler than ever to launch popular Windows programs on demand.
The install process checks that your system meets the minimum requirements; if they are not met, Dragon NaturallySpeaking will not be installed.
CPU: minimum 1 GHz Intel® Pentium® or equivalent AMD processor or 1.66 GHz Intel® Atom® processor. We recommend 1.8 GHz Intel Dual Core or equivalent AMD processor. (IMPORTANT: SSE2 instruction set required)
Processor Cache: minimum 512 KB. We recommend 2 MB.
Free hard disk space: 2.5 GB (2.8 GB for localized non-English versions)
Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 and SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2 and SP3, 32-bit only
- Windows Server 2003 and 2008, SP1, SP2 and R2, 32-bit and 64-bit
RAM: minimum 1 GB for Windows XP and Windows Vista, and 2 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2003/2008. We recommend 2 GB RAM for Windows XP and Windows Vista, and 4 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2003/2008 64-bit.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher (free download at www.microsoft.com)
- Creative® Labs Sound Blaster® 16 or equivalent sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- DVD-ROM drive required for installation
- Nuance-approved noise-canceling headset microphone (included in purchase). See details at support.nuance.com/compatibility/ (includes Bluetooth microphones, recorders, and Tablet PCs).