show / hide sidebar
Current Top Sellers
Ideal for any enviornment, the Diffrient Smart chair is as simple visually as it is functionally. Using Humanscale’s revolutionary Form-Sensing Mesh Technology the chair adjusts to you.Humanscale’s patented weight-sensitive, mechanism-free recline, Smart automatically adjusts to the body weight of each sitter to provide perfect recline support. Further maximizing the ergonomic range of motion, Diffrient Smart’s high-performance armrests allow users to move their arms backward and forward, as well as inward and outward.
Features and Specifications
- Automatic, weight-sensitive recline ergonomically accommodates users without the interference of manual controls for ultimate ease of use
- Distinctive, clean lines that compliment any high design environment
- Tri-Panel Form-Sensing Mesh Technology provides extraordinary comfort and lumbar support
- Pivoting backrest promotes freedom of movement
- Contoured seat cushions are carefully sculpted to fit the body, enhancing comfort
- Size-adjustable design fits more than 95% of the population - (5’0” Woman to 6’4” (193cm) Man)
- Optional, high-performance armrests move forward and backward, as well as inward and outward
- Lightweight structure allows for easy mobility
- Fewer parts drive sustainable design and efficient manufacturing
- Weight Limit: 300 lbs.
(from face of lumbar to front of seat)
|16" – 19"|
(floor to compressed front center of seat cushion)
|16” – 21” standard chair
15.25” – 19” low chair
17” – 22.25” tall chair
20.5” – 28.5” high cylinder with foot ring
(from seat cushion to top of backrest)
(from compressed seat cushion to top of armrest)
6” – 10.5” adjustable
|g||Armrest Length||12.25" standard|
|h||Distance between Armrests||19" standard|
|i||Height||39.5” – 44.75” standard chair
38.5” – 43.5” low-cylinder chair
40.5” – 46” tall cylinder chair
Diffrient Smart Chair Options:
|Armless ||Fixed Duron Arms  + $80.00||Fixed Duron Arms with Matching Textile  + $100||Adjustable Duron Arms  + $130.00|
Adjustable Duron Arms with Matching Textile  + $150
|4D Adjustable Duron Arms  + $170.00||4D Adjustable Duron Arms with Matching Textile  + $220.00|
Frame Color Options:
|Black Frame with Black Trim [B]||Black Frame with Brushed Aluminum Trim [A] + $80.00||Dark Gray Frame with Brushed Aluminum Trim [G] + $80.00|
Backrest Mesh Options:
Using only monofilament yarns that are thin and strong, a simple but classic stripe pattern is achieved through weave structure and yarn placement. This pattern has slight elasticity but terrific memory.
This unique translucent pattern is achieved using monofilament and a silver-plated yarn spun with polyester at its core. More than simply an aesthetic choice, the silver-plated yarn gives the textile flexibility and strength.
Designed to resemble embroidery floss, Dash isstronger, more responsive, lighter weight and uses less material than most mesh textiles. It gives the user support, comfort and ease of movement, while meeting Humanscale’s seating requirements.
Designed specifically to work with the Diffrient World Chair, this lightweight fabric provides the strength and support of a much heavier mesh by using two different monofilament stretch yarns to provide proper support.
|Black ||Cadmium ||Citron ||Crimson |
|Cyan ||Graphite ||Silver ||White |
Seat Fabric Options:
Smart Chair Upholstered Seat Textiles
More options are available, options below are included in price. Other fabric choices are available for an additional fee. Please contact us if you want an option not listed on our site. Thank You.
Most Humanscale textiles are available in any customer-specified color. Delivery time frames for custom color orders will depend on color approval.
Composed of 100% recycled polyester, Squiggle offers an innovative weave structure to create a modern organic wave pattern resembling ripples of water. This environmentally sound textile may be applied either horizontally or vertically to Humanscale seating.
|Ash ||Sand ||Chocolate ||Expresso ||Navy |
Quick Links to Answers:
Most orders over $85 ship FREE within the continental United States. Shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, U.S. territories, APO, and FPO addresses do not qualify for the free shipping program.
Exceptions for Canada - Some products do qualify for free Canadian shipping. Please see our International Shipping page for full information.
- Most items ship via UPS Ground service. Some smaller items may be shipped via USPS instead. Desks and larger shipments may ship via a freight carrier.
- If your items ships via common carrier (freight), the freight carrier will call to schedule an appointment for delivery. Our standard/free shipping includes curbside delivery. There may be extra fees for liftgate (lowers the product to the ground), residential, or inside delivery. Call us for more information. Note: It is important for you to immediately inspect freight shipments for damage and to note this on receiving paperwork. Call us immediately if your product arrives with shipping damage.
- UPS and freight are not available to APO and FPO addresses. Call us if you have questions on shipping options to your location.
- UPS items do not usually require a signature for delivery but this is at the discretion of the driver. Signature may be required in high risk areas.
- We will email you an estimated ship date, and tracking information as soon as this is available.
This will vary by item. Most furniture items require assembly. This is usually easy to do. Contact us if you need support. Assembly and white glove delivery is available for furniture items. Please contact us for a quote.
Every product lists an expected time before shipment. Most small items ship the same or next day. Keyboard trays, monitor arms, chairs, and desks are usually custom configured items that are built to order. Lead times vary by product and manufacturer. Travel time varies depending on shipping method chosen, warehouse location, and your location. If timing is critical, please call us and we'll recommend the method most likely to arrive on time. International orders may encounter delays due to incoming customs.
We do ship most items worldwide. Please see our International Shipping page for full information
- Call or email us immediately. Under most circumstances, we will replace the damaged item at no cost to you. Please see our returns page for full information before returning product.
- If your item was delivered via a freight carrier, it is important that you inspect it immediately and note any visible damage on the receiving paperwork the freight carrier will ask you to sign. Please sign after inspection.
Handling Charges: In order to deliver your products timely, a flat handling charge of $12.95 is applied to all orders shipping to Canada and APO addresses.. Special handling charges are in addition to applicable shipping rates. Surcharges always apply regardless of free shipping offers.
The shipping and handling charge is intended to compensate Ergoprise for the cost of handling your order, packaging the product(s) you have purchased, and delivering it/them to you or to the recipient you designate. Prior to submitting your payment information, you will have the opportunity to review the applicable shipping and handling charges. We do not ship orders to FPO or P.O. Boxes. Please avoid using "vanity addresses," as this could result in a delay in delivery.
15 Years, 24/7 Warranty
Fabric/Cushions/Arm Pads: 5 Years, Single-Shift Warranty