Features & Benefits
SomaForm™ has been discovered by clinicians, ergonomists and Fortune 500 companies as the chair providing the most effective RSI prevention available. It is the result of over 17 years of clinical research and, though it may look simple, it has exclusive features that support your lower back and reduce muscle tension in the upper back and neck when sitting upright better than any other chair!
SomaForm has a firmer, slightly mushroom-shaped seat and flat back that minimize pressure points but provide maximum support without getting in your way making it easy to move around. It's great for "V" sitters who like to sit with their legs spread apart in an open angle and best for helping reduce sciatica.
Build your own chair, Prices starting at $350.00
SomaForm Mid Back by SOMA Ergo is recommended for people who:
- Ideal for people who multitask and are in and out of their chair often.
- Designed to keep shoulder blades free to form a naturally supported open posture.
- Supports the low back, lumbar region and the spine.
More than a chair, it's a modular chair system
- Available in 7 sizes with any of 28 different backrests: low, midheight or tall in narrow, wide or extra wide sizes with or wothout adjustable lumbar.
- Meets/exceeds ANSI-HFS Ergonomic Standards.
- RSI-preventive Thorsac™ backrest.
- Highest Quality Two-Part Seat™ Promotes natural posture and eliminates that sliding-out-of-your-seat feeling.
- Exclusive quick-lock back height adjustment to avoid painful wrist rotations.
- Available with recycled/recyclable or organic fabrics.
- Large 5-leg base for stability.
- Recommended by top ergonomists, designers and clinician.
- Easy-to-reach adjustment.
- Limited lifetime warranty. Environmental Friendly
SomaForm Mid Back Chair Features:
- Seats: SomaForm™ has a firmer, slightly mushroom-shaped seat and flat back that minimize pressure points but provide maximum support without getting in your way making it easy to move around. Wider. Best for pear-shaped body type, V-sitters and sciatica issues. If you are looking for a softer seat please refer to our SomaComfort Series.
- Backrests: Mid backrests are contoured with seams allowing the foam to keep subtle contours, a deeper lumbar curve & a more wrap-around shape so you feel held by the chair.
- Backrest height adjustment: Hand-saving, Quick-Lock lever or ratchet adjust.
- Base Sleek modern-style, scuff-resistant Nylon with flat top legs upon which you can place your feet.
- Lifetime Warranty on frame, base, casters and cylinder, 7 years on 24/7 version, 5 years on mechanism, fabric, cushioning and armrests. Soma Warranty Information.
SomaForm Chair Specifications:
|sm. 37”-41”; med. 39.3”-43.3”; lrg. 42.3”-47.3”|
|Ranges from 22" - 31"
Ranges from 14" - 19"
||sm. 18”; md. 19.5“; lrg. 22”|
|Seat height:||sm. 16.3”-19.6”; med. 16.5-19.7”; lrg. 17.3-22”|
|Seat Depth:||sm. 17”; md. 19.5“; lrg. 20.5”; -1“+1.5”|
Why We Like It -
- Customizable ergonomic chair fitted for user
- Extremely comfortable
This is Good For -
- up to 275 lbs
- Good for someone that requires adjustability
SomaForm -Chair Eco Impact
- PBDE free foam
- Buy back / take back program
- up to 95% recyclable
- Greenguard certified
SomaForm™ Chair Fabrics
Grade 1 - Elements (Please click on Box Below to view all colors and specifications)
TINY CHECK 2389
Grade 2 - Elements (Please click on Box Below to view all colors and specifications)
Grade 3 - Elements (Please click on Box Below to view all colors and specifications)
SomaForm Chair Options
SomaForm - Mechanism
Recommended mechanism for the SomaComfort High Back is : R, E, V & K for maximum complete back support.
SomaForm - Casters
- Hard Wheel [CH] - 2.5" / 60mm - Good for use on carpet - Included
- Soft Wheel [CS] - 2.5" / 60mm - Good for use on hard floor + $12.00
- Soft Braking Wheel [CSB] - 2.5" / 55mm- Rolls when seated + $17.00
- Soft Reverse Braking Wheel [CSRB] - 2.5" / 50mm - Fixed when seated + $50.00
- Hard Wheel [CH3] - 2.5" / 75mm - Easier to roll on carpet + $20.00
- Hard Wheel [CH4] - 2.5" / 100mm - Easier to roll on carpet + $30.00
- Glides [CG] - Available in Black
SomaForm - Base
- Nylon Base [N] - Nylon Black Base - 5 Leg 25" Diameter - Included
- Nylon Base Black [NH] - 5 Leg 26" Diameter + $20.00
- Heavy Duty Black [A28] - 5 Leg 28" Diameter + $60.00
- Polished Aluminum [P] - 5 Leg 25" Diameter + $60.00
- Wood on Aluminum [W] - Choose between Natural or Mahogany stain - 5 Leg 25" Diameter + $60.00
- Steel Spider [S] - 5 Leg 25" Diameter + $20.00
SomaForm - Lift
- Xtra Short [XLS] - 3" Cyclinder
- Knee Tilt [LKT] - 3.5" Cyclinder
- LS [LS] - 4" Cyclinder
- LST [LST] - 5.5" Cyclinder
- Mid-Height [LM] - 8" Cyclinder + $12.00
- Drafting Height [LD] - 10" Cyclinder + $15.00
- Non-Swivel [LF] - 5" Cyclinder + $75.00
SomaForm - Seat Size
- Small  - 16" D X 18" W
- Standard  - 17" D X 19"W
- Deep  - 18.5" D X 20" W
- Xtra Deep  - 20" D X 20.5" W
- Xtra Large  - 20" D X 22.5" W
SomaForm - Backrest Options
SomaForm - Arms Options
Fixed [AF] + $45.00
Adjustable height 4" [AH] + $50.00
Adjustable height 3"
[AA] + $65.00
[AR] + $70.00
[AS] + $100.00
Adjustable height 4"
[AL] + $65.00
Premium Chair line warranty
Limited lifetime warranty on SomaComfort/SomaForm & Rockit fabricated chair frames against structural failure, and on bases, lifts, casters, and glides under normal use.
Standard and Budget Chair line limited warranty.
Twelve (12) years on SomaSupport, Contour, Venture, Infinity, Hybrid, ErgoKinetic, Fit, PerfectFit, Mesh, ConChairto and all other SomaChairs not listed above under normal use.
On all chair lines except Bariatric/Xtra Sturdy and those used in 24/7 environments.
Five (5) years on chair mechanisms, and adjustable arm supports under normal use.
Three (3) years on fabric, seams, cushioning and arm pads under normal use.
Bariatric/ Xtra Sturdy Chair line warranty.
Four (4) year warranty on frame, mechanisms, base and casters. Two (2) years on lifts, arms, arm caps and upholstery for users up to 500#.
When any SomaChair is used in an over 40 hour per week setting, a simple two (2) year warranty on all parts will apply.
Replacement parts for parts needing replacement and that can be installed in the field will be shipped to the customer at no charge. Defective part must be returned to Soma otherwise customer will be charged. Installation of field replaceable parts (Backrests, casters, bases, lifts, arm supports and pads ) is the responsibility of the customer or the Soma certified dealer through which product was sold. For chairs that need to be returned to the factory for repair the customer is responsible for any return packing and shipping costs.
No implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose extend beyond the terms of these express warranties. These warranties do not apply to any products which have been repaired or altered in any way so as to impair performance or reliability, nor to products which have been misused, abused, neglected or accidentally damaged in transit. Soma Ergonomics, Inc. liability for its products shall be limited to repairing or replacing parts determined by Soma Ergonomics, Inc. to be defective or, at Soma Ergonomics’ option, to refunding the purchase price of such parts.
Soma Ergonomics, Inc. will not be liable, under any circumstance, for incidental or consequential damages (including, without limitation, lost revenues) arising in connection with the sale, use, inability to use, repair or replacement of Soma Ergonomics, Inc. products. The remedies of the purchaser set forth in this warranty are exclusive and the liability of Soma Ergonomics, Inc. arising from any cause whatsoever shall not exceed the price paid for the products. Some states do not allow limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. Enjoy the world class real ergonomic support your SomaChair give you and thanks for buying SomaChairs.
Find Similar Products by Tag
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed