The Humanscale Freedom Chair with Headrest has earned the loyalty of its fans. No thought or effort is needed to recline or change positions and movement is a key goal when seeking a healthier work environment. Highly contoured cushions provide excellent back, lumbar and lateral support with a feel reminiscent of the car seats in a luxury sports car.
Humanscale Freedom Chair Standard Model Features:
- Dynamic mechanism opens body angle for improved blood flow and requires no knobs, levers, or tension adjustments.
- Height adjustable back features contoured lateral support and a prominent lumbar support that maintains a healthy lorthotic curve. Backrest features a pivot that moves as you move, responding to the changing needs of your spine.
- The headrest is height adjustable and cradles your neck and head for support when reclining - maintaining line of site with your monitors.
- Seat is height and depth adjustable for proper leg support
- Height adjustable arms move in tandem and can be placed very low for times when you want your arms out of the way. Advanced arms also pivot.
- 15-year, 24/7 warranty. See full warranty information.
Why We Like It:
- What can we say? It's gorgeous!
- Easily adjusts to fit most bodies
- Lumbar support is excellent
This is Good For:
- Anyone 5' - 6'3"
- Under 240lbs
- Demanding people who want style & comfort
Product Brochure: Humanscale Freedom Chair Brochure
Product Information: A Decade of Freedom
Chair Specifications: Freedom Chair Specifications
Humanscale Freedom Chair w/ Headrest Specifications:
|Overall dimensions:||27.25" W x 27.5" D x 43" - 53" H|
|Chair back:||21" W x 26.75" - 34.75"H
backrest has 3" adj. range, headrest has 5" adj. range
|Seat:||21" W x 16.25" - 18.5" D|
|Seat height:||16-21" H standard
15.25" - 19" low
17" - 22.25" tall
|Weight limit:||300 lbs|
|Chair weight:||39 lbs|
|Box size:||35" H x 27" W x 27" D shipping weight is 58 lbs|
Freedom Chair Eco Impact
- Made from 62% recycled content
Humanscale Freedom Chair with Headrest Specifications
|a||Seat depth: 16.25" - 18.5"|
|b||Seat height: 16" - 21" standard, 15.25" - 19" low, 17" - 22.25" tall|
|c||Seat width: 21"|
|d||Backrest height: 18" plus headrest|
|e||Chair width: 27.25"|
|f||Armrest height: 5" -11"|
|g||Armrest length: 13" standard, 14.25" advanced|
|h||Distance between armrests: 20" standard, 11.5" - 21.5" advanced|
|j||Overall height: 43" - 53" standard cylinder|
|k||Headrest height adjustment range: 5"|
|l||Base diameter: 25"|
|o||Backrest width: 21"|
Frame Finishes & Fabrics
Humanscale Freedom Chair Standard Frame Finishes
Standard frame finishes for your Humanscale Freedom Chair are either Graphite, which is a dark charcoal gray, or Titanium which is more of a silver. Both have a matte finish. Polished aluminum frame or base only are available on our upgraded model.
Humanscale Freedom Chair Standard Fabric
Squiggle for your Freedom Chair
Squiggle is constructed of 100% pre-consumer, recycled polyester and offers two-way stretch for a softer "sit." Squiggle is durable enough for everyday use and has an abrasion rating of 150K double rubs.
Vellum for your Freedom Chair
Vellum offers four-way stretch to maximize the comfort of your cushions but is durable enough for the demands of an office workspace. Vellum is construction of nylon, Cordura, and elastic yarns; is stain and water repellent, has an abrasion rating of 150K double rubs.
Wave for your Freedom Chair
Wave is a four-way stretch fabric designed for heavy-duty use that exceeds all contract interior testing requirements. It has a bit of extra cushioning due to its backing making this the softest "sit" of any of the Humanscale fabric options. Abrasion rating is 150K double rubs. Wave is constructed of 86% nylon and 14% elastic.
Lotus for your Freedom Chair
Lotus is the creation of award-winning designer Elizabeth Whelan and is water repellent and super easy to clean making it an excellent choice for more demanding environments including healthcare and the hospitality industry. Lotus offers four-way stretch for comfort and has a soft texture that is pleasing to the touch. Vibrant colors make it a welcome addition in any office. Lotus has a 100% polyurethane face and a nylon backing and has an abrasion rating of 350K double rubs.
Grade 2 - Bridget Stripe
Bridget Stripe is one of Humanscale's most earth-friendly textiles. It is manufacturered of 78% (non-itchy) merino wool with the addition of 14% polyester and 9% nylon for strength. Abrasion rating is 150,000 double rubs. Fabric is soil and stain repellent. Meets cal 117 standard.
Grade 2 - Gingko
Ginkgo is another design by Elizabeth Whelan that is crafted of renewable 90% wool and 10% nylon. The texture is reminscent of the delicate parallel veins of the Gingko Biloba tree leaves. This fabric is elegant and durable as well as stain and soil resistent. Abrasion rating is 103,000 double rubs. Meets Cal 117 specifications.
Humanscale Freedom Chair Options
The standard Humanscale Freedom Chair can still be customized to meet your comfort and style requirements.
Humanscale Freedom Chair Arms
Choose from no arms, height adjustable arms, or height adjustable arms with a pivoting armpad, and from two different types of armpads, as well as whether or not you want the armpads upholstered to match your chair.
Buy Smart: The advanced arms pivot inward which allows the arms to better support the forearms and elbows, and to bring the armpads closer for thinner bodies. Those who type all day and/or have thin upper bodies will prefer the advanced arms.
Buy Smart: Fabric arms get dirty and wear out before the seat cushions. We recommend skipping the upholstered armpads except on leather chairs or where the chair will see light use.
Freedom Chair Seat Padding
Choose either the standard foam seat or gel seat.
- Standard foam - molded foam is contoured to match body contours and reduce pressure points
- Gel seat - is crafted of a non-degradable, non-compressible Technogel layer with a foam core. The gel seat conforms better to the body, distributing your body weight more evenly across the seat pan. This further reduces the pressure of sitting on your body.
Buy Smart: The gel seat takes 15 minutes or so to warm up and conform to your body. It's a great upgrade for those who sit in their chair for long stretches. We recommend the standard padding for those who are up and down, or if the chair sees occasional use.
Freedom Chair Height / Cylinder Options
Choose one of three cylinders to tailor the seated height range to the user.
- Standard - 16" - 21" - fits most people from 5'2" to 6'3"
- Low - 15.25" - 19" - works well for 5' to 5'6
- Tall - 17" - 22.25" - extends the height range for taller users or for use at with a higher desktop
Buy Smart: Seated height is only part of the solution for users who are shorter or taller than average. Make sure the seat depth will fit the user as well, otherwise choose a chair that is better sized for that person.
- Standard casters - work well for carpet and plastic carpet protectors
- Soft casters - are slower and quieter on hard floors such as linoleum, tile, and concrete
- Glides - do not roll at all and work on any floor
Find Similar Products by Tag
Customers Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed